Official Contest Rules
- Who May Enter: Currently enrolled FIU students.
- What May Be Entered: A maximum of 3 high resolution images to only ONE category may be entered per person. Color and black & white images are accepted. Entries MUST be in electronic format. Electronic Images must be saved and submitted as JPEGs of at least 300 dpi. Entries must be the ORIGINAL WORK of the entrant, and must be photographs taken OUTSIDE the United States.
- Submission Procedures: Entries must be accompanied by the official Submission Form, fully completed and signed by the entrant.
- Copyright Policy: Rights are retained by the artist. By signing the submission form, however, entrants are agreeing that they grant Florida International University and the Office of International Student & Scholar Services on the Biscayne Bay and Modesto Maidique Campus royalty-free use of submitted photographs in displays and in print and electronic publications. The artist will be fully credited in all such displays and publications.
- Judging Criteria: Entries will be judged on Originality and Creativity, Photographic Quality, and Communication of Culture and Place. All decisions of the judges are final. Entries which do not conform to the contest rules will be disqualified. Prizes will be awarded to the top finalist of each category. The owners of the winning photos will need to submit a small write up about their picture. Such additional background information might be incorporated into such things as contest displays and later publications. The student choice award photos will be on the Facebook Event we create and you must have people like the photo from the event page in order for it to count.
- Deadline for Entries: February 16, 2018
- Contact Us: For more information, please email Claudia Biscardi: firstname.lastname@example.org or Andre Dawson: email@example.com