Once you have secured an internship and determined how credit will be awarded for your experience, you MUST have your internship abroad approved by the Office of Study Abroad.
- Meet with Ariana Arguello, Program Coordinator of Study Abroad, to discuss your plans and go over the application procedure
- Submit the online application and all supplemental materials to the OSA, including the insurance fee
- Meet with the OSA for a Pre-Departure Orientation
Checklist of Required Documents for INTERNSHIPS ABROAD:
- Complete Application Form (submitted online)
- Go to: https://ugrad.fiu.edu/educationabroad/Applications/internships_abroad.aspx
- To log in to the application, use the format PANTHERusername.
- If you forgot your username/password, click here to visit the MyAccounts web site.
- If you still have trouble logging in, contact the Office of Study Abroad at firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-348-1913.
- Copy of your passport
- Medical Form completed by a physician
- $50 per month for medical insurance, including political evacuation and natural disaster evacuation coverage, which is mandatory for all FIU students going abroad
- * Please note that the Office of Study Abroad only accepts certified bank checks and money orders paid to the order of “FIU.”
All documents listed above must be submitted to:
Office of Study Abroad
Florida International University
11200 SW 8th Street MMC, SASC 230 Miami, 33199
Phone: 305-348-1913 Fax: 305-348-1941