Leading Campus Internationalization
FIU Global leads institutional efforts to internationalization the University’s educational agenda and charge for a strategic global approach. FIU Global is an institutional clearinghouse for global programs, initiatives, resources and policies/procedures around our campuses. The office serves as the first point of contact for interested stakeholders from abroad, be it for new partnership efforts, programming inquiries, enrollment questions, policy and procedure concerns, or any other international collaborative interests.
FIU Global’s work is supported by university-wide interdisciplinary committees, which provide critical input for the overall international education agenda, institutional global strategic direction, and risk mitigation.
- Global Strategy Committee
- Cuba Council
- Charge: FIU’s Cuba Council is charged by the President and the Provost to provide guidance to the university in its engagement with Cuba. It will foster policies and procedures that facilitate and coordinate scholarly engagement with Cuba by its faculty, staff, and students. This engagement will be guided by the principle of academic freedom, align with FIU’s mission, and be in accordance with applicable laws.
- International Working Group
- Charge: (IWG) is an open forum for faculty, staff and students to engage in our efforts to strategically internationalize the university. All members of the FIU community are invited to participate.
- International Travel Committee